Sunday, January 09, 2011

The Luckiest Mom in the World

There are days when every little task feels like a challenge, every person you encounter, even someone you truly love, a foe. On those days, which we all have, I am able to cope because of my daughters. Alex, whose attitude and disposition in life is more like mine, entertains me with her rants. Only she can come up with something like, "I'm a people person. I just hate people." Or "Gusto kong mag-recycle ng friends. Kasi ang mga plastic, nire-recycle, di ba?"

Gabby, on the other hand, is much more mellow and demonstrative of her love. She's always there to offer a kiss and a hug, to whisper "I love you" in my ear and say I'm her most favorite person in the world. She cries whenever I don't feel well and never fails to remind me that she's very lucky because I am her mom.

"No, baby," I always say, "I'm the lucky one because I have you and ate."

No comments: