Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A Belated Christmas Gift

It may not be made of gold, platinum or silver. It may not be studded with diamonds or pearls. But this bracelet is one of the most precious pieces of jewelry I have. Gabby made this for herself last New Year's Day. But she removed it and locked the clasp around my wrist tonight, saying it was a belated Christmas gift. I reminded her that she had given me a gift already but she said a card, which she also made herself, was not a gift. I said it was one of my most treasured gifts and that she didn't have to worry about giving me presents. I already have the best gifts I could ever ask for - Ate Alex and herself. She said nothing as she covered her face with her hair, hoping I wouldn't see the tears flowing freely down her cheeks.


1 comment:

Elma S said...

Hey you! remember me? Nanay na nanay na ang dating mo... pero beauty pa rin! hahaha! very nice to read about your LIFE outside of work. Istorbo ang trabaho ano? ;)