Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Waiting Game (Has Ended In The Way Everyone Hoped It Would)

UPDATED:
The waiting game is over. I breathe a sigh of relief. Competitors we may be but we all move in one industry.

-----------------------------------

Everytime I go on an out-of-town or an out-of-the-country coverage, my mom would always remind me to be careful, ask if my accident insurance is updated and check if I have my inhaler with me. Now that she's in the States with my dad visiting Darcy, the most recent addition to our family, it is my dad who's checking if everything's ok with me at work. My dad's not the showy type. But it is my dad who's now sending me e-mails, expressing their agitation over what happened to the ABS CBN News team and reminding me to take care even if my assignments were just in Metro Manila. (I guess my mom's not techie enough to send me e-mails. Don't tell her I wrote this but her blog was created by my cousin and initially maintained by me.) But of course, I know she's just as concerned as my dad.

As everyone is about the hostages. It's not the first time media people were held hostage by lawless elements but as we play the waiting game, everyone's hoping it will be the last.

No comments: