Monday, April 28, 2008

Eeeewwww!!!!

When I was young, my mom would always remind me and my sisters and brother that talking when your mouth is full is unacceptable. Our attention would be called constantly on bad manners that we were unconsciously guilty of. Of course, I passed that on to my daughters.

But lately, I've been noticing a surge of commercials that go against everything my parents told me. One commercial showed a boy dipping his fingers twice in a bowl of food that was to be served to guests; another where a guy was talking while gargling; another where a girl burped, an action that solicited her parents' loving smiles. These are just a few. I'm sure you've noticed them. But am I the only one who's bothered, to say the least, about these commercials?

1 comment:

hector_olympus said...

it's so alarming how ad campaigns portray and "affect" the youths of today.

for one, i hope condom commercials pass through rigorous censorship before they are even allowed on air.